Tax Preparation Services in Johnston and Urbandale, IA
Welcome to AccuTax of Iowa providing tax preparation services in Johnston, Grimes, Ankeny, Clive, Urbandale, and the Greater Des Moines area. AccuTax of Iowa is a BBB Accredited Business with an A+ rating. My name is Mikki Bown. I've been competently preparing 1040EZ, 1040A, and 1040 Federal and State tax returns for the past 10 years. I specialize in Individual and small business Sole Proprietor tax returns including Schedule A (Form 1040) Itemized Deductions, Schedule C (Form 1040) Profit or Loss from Business, and Schedule E (Form 1040) Supplemental Income or Loss.
Why Choose AccuTax of Iowa to Prepare Your Taxes?
- Credentialed Tax Return Preparer: I felt it was important to pass the IRS Competency Exam to earn my Registered Tax Return Preparer certification to demonstrate my thorough knowledge of the Federal tax laws and my commitment to preparing accurate returns. The Federal government nor the State of Iowa require an individual to have any type of specialized education or experience to prepare your tax returns. Refer to "Choose Your Tax Preparer Wisely" on the IRS.gov website for tips on selecting a tax preparer.
- Knowledge and Compliance: I am listed in the IRS Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers due to completing yearly continuing education requirements. I attend Iowa State's Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation Tax School every year as well as participate in numerous webinars throughout the year to stay current on changes to Federal and State tax laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Network of Tax Professionals: I'm a member of the National Society of Accountants which is comprised of CPAs, EAs, Attorneys, and other Tax Specialists.
- Timely Returns: The IRS has enjoyed your interest free loan long enough. I never rush a return as accuracy is crucial, but I do balance my workload to ensure your return is completed accurately and timely.
- Personal Service and Confidentiality: You work directly with me for scheduling, consultation, preparation, and filing. There are no hand-offs so your information remains confidential and no details are lost in translation to another individual.
- Convenience: After our initial meeting, any missing documentation can be scanned and exchanged through my SecureFilePro secured website. The next time we meet in person you'll be signing your return.